Asian Competition Forum
10th Annual Conference
8-9 December 2014
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
A Decade of Change and Development in Competition Law and Policy in Asia:Two Steps Forward, One Step Back?
I’m writing to invite to attend the 10th anniversary conference of the ACF. This conference will take a retrospective look at the last 10 years, an assessment of the current situation of competition developments across Asia and a look forward to what we can expect in the next few years.
In particular, we will take a close look at developments in Hong Kong and China as both jurisdictions are sharply gearing up competition enforcement intensity.
Our keynote speaker Mr. Eduardo Perez Motta, is a former President of the Mexican Competition Authority who has first hand experience of establishing and operating a new competition regime and will share his experiences with us; this will be especially useful to many Asian jurisdictions who also are at the start of consolidating new competition regimes.
We have an excellent range of speakers including:
• Anna Wu, Chair of the Hong Kong Competition Commission
• Mr. Justice Godfrey Lam, President of the Hong Kong Competition Tribunal
• Mr.Lefu XU, Director of Antimonopoly Bureau, MOFCOM
• Dr. Hassan QAQAYA, Chief, Competition and Consumer Policies Branch, UNCTAD
• Mr. Eduardo Martinez-Rivero, DG Comp, European Union
• Mr. Toshiyuki NAMBU, Deputy Sec Gen, Int’l Affairs, Japan Fair Trade Commission
• Mr. Tim HUGHES, Technical Assistance Coordinator; SE Asia and Middle East, United States Federal Trade Commission
• Ms. Gilly WONG, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Consumer Council
• Ms. Ee Kia NG, Senior Director, Policy and Markets, Competition Commission of Singapore
• Dr. Seema GAUR, Adviser, Competition Commission of India, Government of India
• Mr.Ragunath KESAVAN, Member of the Malaysia Competition Commission
Additionally we will have a range of distinguished, legal practitioners, economic experts and competition academics speaking at the conference.
Registration is now closed !
Prof. Mark Williams
Executive Director, ACF